"By any means necessary" og 9 andre gode Malcolm X-sitater
1.By any means necessary!I'm for the freedom of the twenty-two million Afro-Americans by any means necessary. By any means necessary! I'm for freedom. I'm for a society in which our people are recognized and respected as human beings, and I beleieve that we have the right to resort to any means necessary to bring that about. (1964)
2. The ballot or the bullet?
Independence comes only be two ways - by ballots or bullets. Historically you'll find that everyone who gets freedom gets it through ballots or bullets. Now naturally everyone prefers ballots, and even I prefer ballots, but I don't discount bullets. I'm not interested in either ballots or bullets; I'm interested in freedom. (1964)
3. Each one teach one!
Each one teach one! (Fra et brev skrevet av Malcolm fra Charlestown State Prison i 1952)
4. Om Martin Luther King I
He [Martin Luther King] got the peace prize, and we got the problem. (1964)
5. Om Martin Luther King II
Everytime I hear Martin's got a dream, I think Negro leaders have tom come out of the clouds and wake up and stop dreaming and start facing reality. (1964)
6. Om Columbus
Here's a man who discovered absolutely nothing. He got lost. He was looking for India and made a mistake... Columbus landed on this island, San Salvador, and he told the people, "I have discovered you in the name of the Queen of Spain." Which is the most ridicolous thing I've ever heard. How can you discover a human being? Somebody's about to have dinner and you intrude; [you sit down and they share their meal with you,] then you stand up and say, "I discover you! You are now discovered; you are Indian." They must have looked at eachother wondering, like, where did this fool come from.
7. Ingen fred uten frihet
You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom. (1965)
8. Om sjølforsvar
Hundreds of kids were involved in boycotts in the South, and they were being hit by police and hosed down, and the dogs were set on them... I was young myself, and it just seemed like nobody was defending these kids. And I remember Malcolm using the analogy of a snake. If a snake bites your child, he said, you don't go looking for that particular snake; you go out looking for any snake that you can see; because any snake has the same potential as the snake that bit your child. (Gjenfortalt av KAthryn Gibson)
9. Om slemminger
A man who tosses worms into the river isn't necessarily a friend of the fish. All the fish who take him for a friend [...] usually end up in the frying pan. (1963)
10. Om ikkevold
Look right now what's going on in and around Saigon and Hanoi and in the Congo and elsewhere. They [The American government] are violent when their interests are at stake... They're violent in Korea, they're violent in Germany, they're violent in the South Pacific, they're violent wherever they go. But when it comes time for you and me to protect ourselves against lynchings, they tell us to be nonviolent. (1965)
[Egen liste] [Kilder: Malcolm A to X, http://www.quotationspage.com]
[Stikkord: Malcolm X, politikk, sitat]

3 Comments:
Hey, dette var ei liste etter min smak! Har spesielt sansen for sitatene om Dr. King. :)
Veit, noen bare kan få sagt det ;)
Veldig kult Erik. Men, hrm, det slange-eksempelet dreide seg vel egentlig ikke om selvforsvar.
Du må forresten åpne for kommentarer uten at man må logge inn på blogger. Og så må du rette opp adressen min :-)
Legg inn en kommentar
<< Home